Regardless of how well you plan your cooking, it is inevitable that most times, there would be leftovers which you would need to discard effectively. However, you cannot dispose of many food particles without grinding them to fine particles first, and this is where waste disposers come in handy.
You’d be better off getting a waste disposal unit that is not too loud, as the noise can grate on your nerves. Also, you should get one that can grind food waste particles to a fine consistency.
InSinkErator is quite famous for making durable and efficient food waste disposers, and the InSinkErator Evolution 200 is not an exception. This quality food waste disposer has been recommended by many plumbers and users alike for its quality and durability.
If you properly maintain it, the unit will give you up to 8 years of uninterrupted service. It is no wonder, then that the manufacturer is confident enough to provide a 6-year warranty on both parts and labour cost which begins once you install the unit in your home.
Key features and benefits.
- It has a power booster circuit, complete with a microprocessor which increases torque to deal with the most difficult to grind food morsels.
- It comes with a stainless steel grind chamber (1180ml) and stainless steel superior grinding elements that handle all the waste.
- It has a stainless steel strainer basket and plug.
- It grinds most food types, enabling you to use it for most of your food wastes.
- It has a continuous feed of 0.75HP.
- The waste disposer makes use of an Evolution-Quiet technology.
- It has an auto-reverse action that allows for an extended product life and a trouble-free operation.
- It comes with a six-year parts and labour warranty.
- The product makes use of a continuous feed and a wall switch or a built-in air switch.
- It has a single-phase motor and its time rating is intermittent.
- The waste disposer has permanently lubricated upper and lower bearings.
- It has an overall height of 34mm, a grind chamber capacity of 1180ml and a 3- stage grind technology.
- Its average electricity usage is 2-3 kWh per annum, making it an efficient waste disposer.
- It crushes food wastes in a short time without leaving a mess, saving you time and leaving your home clean.
- It is ultra-quiet and so, you can carry out conversations even while you are using it.
- It is durable and would serve you for many years.
- Its 3- stage grinding system enables it to crush any food waste particles, irrespective of the particle’s size.
- It is environmentally friendly.
- The waste disposer unit is straightforward to use, and you can easily install it by yourself.
- It is expensive, and so, those who are on tight budgets might not be able to afford it.
The InSinkerator Evolution 200 food waste disposer is an excellent addition to any home, and it comes with an air switch that is inbuilt for its easy installation and an added convenience. Its circuit generates a lot of power due to the addition of a microprocessor, which enables its torque to handle tough foods.
Its grind chamber has a capacity of 1180ml, making it big enough to accommodate plenty of food wastes. The grinding elements are made from stainless steel (no blades or knives) that facilitate the cutting down of waste materials efficiently. As such, the unit can grind a wide variety of food wastes including banana peels, chicken bones, corn cobs, shells etc.
Unlike many standard models, this waste disposer has a sound seal plus which makes it almost silent when it is running, making your kitchen peaceful and enabling you to carry on meaningful conversations. Most users report that they can barely hear it grind waste even when they are close to it.
The InSinkerator Evolution 200 also uses an auto-reverse mechanism that helps to extend its lifespan. If you want to, you can also convert this unit into a batch feed disposer, thanks to the availability of a stopper. You will notice a small tunnel unit that makes it easy to put in a lot of waste at once.
The maintenance of this model is straightforward, and its manufacturers offer a 6-year part and labour warranty. Installing the unit is an easy task that you can carry out all by yourself without having to hire the services of a professional. This easy installation process helps you to save any service fee that you would have spent.
However, you should always read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before you begin the installation.
The InSinkerator Evolution 200 is an excellent investment for any kitchen, and if you are financially buoyant enough and you decide to purchase this unit, you are going to get good value for your money.