Food wastes ought to be disposed of properly so that they do not end up in the landfill and pose a hazard to the environment. Aside from posing a hazard to the environment, accumulating wastes in your kitchen is not hygienic and taking your bin out every time takes time and effort.
An effective way which you can adequately discard food wastes in your home without stress and in a fast way is to make use of a food waste disposal unit.
Quality ones would grind various food waste materials without clogging your drains, and you’ll be using them for years to come. An example of a quality waste disposer on the market today is the Rangemaster WDU500 waste disposal unit.
This model is produced by the company, Rangemaster and has a simple, yet standard design. Although it makes some noise when you are making use of it, it is also easy to use and fits perfectly the modern kitchen sink perfectly.
Key features and benefits.
- The device has an overall height of 355mm and a motor speed of 2600 RPM.
- Its voltage is between 220-240V.
- It features a splash guard that of EPDM rubber and its grind ring, swivel impellers and balanced turntables are all made of stainless steel.
- The device comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty and a lifetime warranty against failure due to corrosion.
- It comes with an antimicrobial bio shield.
- It makes use of master mounting for economical and fast installation.
- It has a main chamber width of 121mm.
- Its bearings are permanently lubricated.
- The device has an item weight of 4.26 kg and product dimensions of 32.5 X 12.1 X 17.6 cm.
- Its shipping weight is approximately 4.3 kg.
This unit features a high-efficiency permanent magnet motor which makes it require less electricity than disposers with an induction motor. This also implies higher speed, and torque is attained. These features, together with the design of the grinding chamber, allows for faster grinding requiring less use of water.
- The device is affordable enough for anyone, even those who are not so financially buoyant to purchase.
- It is easy to install and replace if you follow the instructions on the manufacturer’s manual.
- The unit’s antimicrobial bio shield prevents the growth of harmful microorganisms and also protects them from odour.
- It is hygienic and easy to use, as there are no hidden tricks to its usage.
- It is environmentally friendly and saves you time and energy.
- Its removable splash guard allows for easy cleaning and replacement.
- The compact and lightweight design of this device enable you to install it on your own and also makes it possible for the device to fit into small spaces.
- It can be noisy
The lightweight, compact design allows more space under the kitchen sink, and most types of food waste can be put in the disposer. It has a detachable splash guard which can be removed and cleaned out to reduce odour. It also contains bio shield which treats the disposer with antimicrobial agents, providing protection against odour and inhibiting the growth of bacteria. It has a stainless grinding chamber of 980ml which is adequate for small households with less kitchen activity.
The fact that it is corrosion-free saves you from worrying about leaks and jams which can be caused by corrosion and still, it carries a lifetime warranty against corrosion. It is overly easy to install, requiring no special tools because of the plumb easy mounting system.
Other factors that aid its easy installation are its ultra-slim build, and it’s unique ‘master mount feature.’ it is advisable that before you attempt to install the device, you carefully read the manual that comes with it so you can follow the steps that the manufacturer outlined.
The device also features anti-jam swivel impellers and thermal overload protectors which help in preventing overheating. You get two years of manufacturer’s warranty for purchasing this machine.
Every household produces food waste regardless of how well meals are planned. This food waste needs to be disposed of properly so that the environment does not get contaminated. The best alternative to disposing of the wastes is to make use of food waste disposers.
The Rangemaster waste disposal unit would effectively grind all your food waste and direct them down your drain to wastewater treatment. You do not have to worry about your pipes being clogged as the wastes would be ground to a fine consistency that would pass effortlessly through the pipes.
With the use of this device, you will save yourself the stress of having to take out your bin often as you will dispose of most of your waste using the disposer. The device is made for both traditional and modern kitchens and with its price and specifications, is a great item to purchase for your kitchen.